How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Orlando smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a single united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface places you in total charge of your Orlando home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it will help you and explore tips to get you started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Orlando?
Wirelessly linking to devices through radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You may arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you can even chat with someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features built-in cellular connectivity and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also gives you complete remote operation through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the tasks you can carry out:
- View current or recorded video from any connected cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to your monitoring center
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Orlando by setting schedules or creating rules. For example, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a specified time. Or, you can add preferences like having your entrances unlock when the fire alarm triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just follow these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will remain in your house and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and everything in the home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is swipe down on the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The main screen will post a message if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For example, an open door will urge you to take action. It’s worth noting that you can still arm your home’s security by following the steps above. You will then have to verify that you wish to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Orlando
Despite the fact that many users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will probably want to add an additional user down the road. Here are steps to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote capability, select phone or email and provide the details to dispatch an invite.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, just go to the menu, press users, pick the user you would like to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Orlando security system. Call (407) 972-1223 to get started.